Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Joining the 21st Century

After nearly five years without seriously gaming, I gave in.  I finally caught up with the rest of the human race and got an XBox 360.  So far, I'm kicking myself in the ass for not getting one sooner.  I figured I'd be all conservative and just start out with one game (not including the groan inducing Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indiana Jones crap they bundled), so I picked up Call of Duty World at War.  

Keep in mind, I've been living under a rock and this was my first hands on experience with a 360.  I fired it up...jumped into the game, and my jaw hit the floor.  I simply didn't realize how good it was going to look.  Not to mention the little giggling like a schoolgirl moment I had when I first took down a bad guy and watched the blood literally spray from the back of his head. 

For someone whose last game was Call of Duty: United Offensive on the PC, I'm so glad to be back in action there aren't words to express it.  XBox Live, here I come.

Disclaimer: Yes I know I'm late to the party.  Let me have my fun.