Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Highway to the Hereafter

Ever since I can remember, I've been fascinated by anything paranormal.  Well, not the crystal-power new-age crap, but ghosts, ufos, things like that have always intrigued me.  I've heard a few stories from family and close friends over the years who've had no reason to lie that would certainly lead me to believe that something out of the ordinary realm of existence can definitely happen.
 
I've even had a few small things happen that, while on one hand could be viewed as a coincidence, would have to be a very big coincidence.
 
Any time something of a paranormal nature makes the news, I'm fascinated, and this is no exception.
 
Ghostly apparitions have been seen and photographed on a small stretch of Interstate 4 known as "the I-4 Dead Zone" in which hundreds of people have been killed or injured in crashes, according to a Local 6 investigation...Since 1963, nearly 2,000 accidents have been reported on a stretch of Interstate 4 in Central Florida located between Daytona Beach and Orlando, the report said.
 
Over the years, people have reported seeing strange things on the stretch of road, according to the report.

"People are claiming to see all kinds of things -- orbs floating across the highway, apparitions on the side of the road hitchhiking, phantom trucks, you name it," book author Charlie Carlson said. "There are dead people beneath interstate 4."