Friday, October 12, 2007

Black Deeds

If this is true, I'm now officially on the hate-on-Blackwater club.

"...an SUV full of Blackwater operatives had crashed into a U.S. Army Humvee on a street in Baghdad's Green Zone. The colonel, who was involved in a follow-up investigation and spoke on the condition he not be named, said the Blackwater guards disarmed the U.S. Army soldiers and made them lie on the ground at gunpoint until they could disentangle the SUV. His account was confirmed by the head of another private security company..."

That's insane. If these guys are really douchebags of that caliber, I think our boys in uniform would have been well within their rights, once re-armed, to have lit up the Blackwater mercenaries (oh excuse me, private security contractors) just like anyone else who tried the same thing.

I'm curious to see where this story goes, but honestly if shit like this is going on, someone had better be held accountable, and I personally wouldn't shed a tear if one of these overzealous rambo bastards got his ass shot off by a pissed off grunt.

Just my two cents.