Saturday, January 12, 2008

Problem Number One

It is a machine.  Machines break. It was bound to happen eventually, and today it did.  Turning on my laptop this morning I was stunned to discover that my wireless adapter was no longer functional.  Flicking the switch on and off did nothing.  Updating the driver did nothing. In fact, nothing did anything except raise my blood pressure and get me a wee bit riled up, as I do love my wireless.

After calming down a bit, I realized I've still got some warranty remaining and there's even a recall out on this exact laptop for that specific issue, so no harm no foul.  I just went out and plunked down some coin for a Linksys USB adapter to tide me over. 

The real test however, is how I handle my precious lappie being gone for several weeks as it revisits the land of its birth.  The mysterious and magical wonderland known as HP.

I will miss you, Compaq old friend.  Fare thee well, and come home soon.

Technorati tags: , , , , , ,