Sunday, September 30, 2007

Steve Jobs Inhaled Today

I'm as much of a tech-fanatic as anybody, but something occurred to me today while plowing through my Google Reader session.  I'd hoped that after the release of the iPhone, I'd maybe be able to stop hearing about it.   Not only has that not happened, it's gotten worse.

It's like Ubuntu all over again.  Now geeks of an order higher than myself have something else to orgasm over.  First it was the whole 'I installed Ubuntu on my refrigerator / cell phone / digital clock meme making news every six and a half seconds. As annoying as it was, I could cope with it.

The iPhone thing is getting out of hand.  Every time I check out any site with tech news, there's some story about unlocking the iphone, installing a program on it, or downgrading /modifying the firmware.  Have we run out of things to talk about in the tech field to such an extent that managing to downgrade the software on a cell phone is actually newsworthy?

Shiny touch-sensitiveness and Apple pedigree apart, it's a fuckin' phone.  That's it.  When I read stories like this I wonder if people literally have no lives other than sitting around installing linux and hacking phone firmware. 

I mean, really.  Get the hell out of your apartments and go get laid or something.  There's go to be more to life than this.

On a related note, I managed to successfully upgrade the battery in my  wireless mouse from a generic brand to a Duracell.  Check back soon for a Youtube video of me 'unlocking' the power of my mouse with step by step instructions.

Ugh.

 

Technorati tags: , , , , ,