Friday, June 12, 2009

Intense Debate=Intense Replaced

After the digital abortion that removing Intense Debate turned out to be, I’ve decided that flashy overyhyped Ajax comment systems basically suck.  So, welcome back standard issue comments.  ID worked fine for about two days, then my ‘recent comments’ widget failed.  First on Firefox, then on IE.  It actually suffered a cascade failure for some unknown reason.  Other widgets from ID still worked, but the recent comments one was utterly MIA. 

Comments would randomly disappear from my dashboard, from the site, it was pretty piss poor, considering I made no configuration changes to it after it was installed.  After spending an inordinate amount of time trying to fix it, I finally gave up and switched to my backup theme several months ahead of schedule. So, here it is, the new, in progress version.  Thanks to those that commented on my COD map pack 2 thread…sorry your comments were all wiped out after the change.