Sunday, March 4, 2007

Day of Reckoning

For the past several weeks I've been down with a pretty rough case of the flu. Some pretty big things have changed in that time. I got another car, a new laptop (with Vista even), and today...I turn 30.

My kids just surprised me with a hand-colored birthday card. They're the most wonderful, special kids and I don't think I'd be as ok with this birthday if I didn't have them. Watching them grow takes the focus off of me hitting the magic (some say evil) number.

The flu's been a damned nightmare. I've literally been coughing almost nonstop and I'm really quite tired of it at this point. It's made selling cars a little more difficult to be sure. Nothing like trying to explain a car to someone then taking a moment to cough until you almost throw up. Customers like that. Really.

At least sharkie's gone at work. The Great White Car Shark was royally Roy Scheidered after he refused to help with some vehicles on the lot, and then to sign the reprimand he was going to get.

Combine the above with my new (used) car and my new (new) Vista laptop, and you have my life in a nutshell at this point.

That's enough of this, I'm going to be 30.