Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It had to happen

So I was playing Battlefield Bad Company on XBox Live, and in the middle of this one match, this guy with a thick New York accent starts spouting off obscenities directed at everyone.  He was totally going ballistic to the point where I could imagine veins about to burst out of his skull.  He’s calling everyone on our team f*ing f*gs and motherf*ckers and everything else his tiny little brain could come up with.  I ran to take cover from enemy fire, and he goes around like some digital Dylan Klebold , picking off people on our team, myself included, referencing me with a f*ck you because I was taking cover. From enemy fire.  I turned on the mic and engaged him in a little chat whereupon I reminded him that his excessive references to homosexuality may imply some latent, undiscovered tendencies that he should probably attempt to explore with a willing partner.

I just had to ask him how it really mattered exactly what I was doing.  He responded with ‘you ain’t got no motherf*cking points f*ggot and look at me.’ (The match had just started, and while I currently HAD no points, he had –35.) I then told him politely that –35 was actually a worse score than 0, and thus, he was guilty of digital fellatio, sucking worse than anyone else on the team. 

As he really got mad, I then casually suggested an alternative means to him of easing his anger, which he responded to in the affirmative, saying “If I could, I would…” at which point I felt the argument was complete; his having verbally confirmed my suspicions, I put the whole matter to rest.

The beauty of this whole scene was that he was pissed because people were hiding behind cover and establishing fields of fire.  I should mention at this point that we were playing Defense on Gold Rush mode.  As in, the objective at that time was to DEFEND our gold crates.

Apparently he was under the impression that this game actually had some real significance in his life, which is really kind of sad.