Friday, March 6, 2009

32 and 2

I’m now two days into my 32nd year on the planet.  It’s been a rollercoaster the past few weeks; anytime moving enters the equation, things get messed up fast.

Between trying to decide what to do about the kids schooling (public vs. private), trying to arrange our new living situation, dealing with unforeseen flat tires and cranky kids, both Kelly and I have been more than a little stressed out.

I’ve been playing a LOT of XBox Live, to the detriment of my novel-reading habit.  I picked up COD4 today and am absolutely loving it.  Everyone was right, it’s ten times more fun than World At War. Next up will be Halo 3.

I’ve been very fortunate to get some new toys recently, namely my new laptop (Inspiron 1545) and my Ipod Touch, which is about the coolest gadget on the planet.

I actually had a pretty great birthday this year.  Kelly and I spent the entire day together, going out for some lunch, pool, and drinks which was a blast.  I realized that as much as I suck at pool, I still love it.  It was like a mid-day date night, and a perfect birthday present.

Later on in the day, my family took us out to eat at Longhorn Steakhouse, which is in my estimation the holy temple of all things that go moo.  I managed to put away an entire New York Strip and all the trappings, and even two days later my intestines are still sore from the delicious experience.

As I sit here regaling you with stories of my birthday, I find it imperative to note that I am currently suffering from XBox Thumb.  Which means, of course, that my hands are actually somewhat sore from overuse of the controller…which brings up something else…what is up with all the four year olds in COD talking trash?  I had to endure a ten minute TDM session with what sounded like castrated little boys going on ad infinitum about the practicality of an ACOG site on an AK-47.

It went a little something like this:

“Motherf*cker, I have a motherf*cking ACOG on my AK”

“That’s gay, motherf*cker, I have a silencer on mine”

“F*ck that sh*t motherf*cker, I like ACOG”

And on and on and on.  I hope someone in their households hears these conversations and takes them out back to kick them in the groin until their balls drop and they grow up a little.

Now that I’m on an XBox rant, I’ve got to note that I’ve only encountered three types of people on there that actually use the microphone.  One is the utter asshole.  The guy that just randomly talks shit to anyone because he’s so confident of his gaming ability that he feels like the incarnation of Christ. These people are gay.

Then you have the pissed off kids who are just learning to swear. And brag about ACOG sites.  It would be cute if it wasn’t so…gay.

Lastly, you have the stoner…the guy who runs his trap the entire match and sounds like : “Oh shitttttt duuuuudeeee…hahahaha oh my GOD shit….wow…shit that f*ck…wow…duuuuuuude man, that’s like shitttttttt…”

Ahh…but I digress.  Anyway, I’m going to bed.  I can’t think anymore.