Tuesday, February 1, 2005

Ex Post Facto Deja vu

I suppose that now would be as good a time as any to post a little something as to the reason this little spot on some webserver has been siezed for my own nefarious purposes. To be honest, I don't really know.

I've always been fond of journaling, but spotty about doing it. At least for more than a day or perhaps a week. The desire is there, but for whatever reason, the follow-through hasn't been. Attribute it to laziness, improper motivation, whatever you will. After several false starts here in the blogging medium, I thought I'd give it one more chance to see if I could in fact, keep this going for more than a portion of a month.

I suppose that this will come into its own as a way of chronicling my thoughts, dreams, creativity, whatever I happen to be in the mood to post at any given time. Hopefully this will cut down on my almost fetishistic need to horde notebooks and pens in the futile hope they will be used for this same purpose. Maybe I'll have better luck here; I guess we'll see. Or perhaps only I will, as I'm likely to be the only person who ever sees this blog.

If anyone else happens to stumble into it, well, welcome, and I hope that maybe something I say makes you think. Entirely too few people do that anymore.

That being said, mentally I'm smashing a bottle of Dom Perignon over the side of my monitor, christening this site, and wishing it well as we sail into this adventure together. Metaphors are great, aren't they?