Friday, February 17, 2006

Bipedal Baby Blues


It's official.  Aeryn is now a walker.  It really kicked into high gear about two days ago; I guess she'd gotten about as fast on all fours as possible and finally came to the realization that there really was something to this whole upright motion thing.  She progressively began to toddle along more and more starting Wednesday, and as of today, she only crawls if she's simply too excited to retain the concentration required to walk.  She toddles somewhat uneasily but she's getting a lot faster. 


Wednesday, she could make it about five feet before tumbling to the ground.  Tonight, she made it from one end of my parents living room to the other and back - several times.  All of this served as our 'after-pizza' entertainment.


It's such an amazing thing to watch my children grow.  My little tiny girl is now walking, it's so hard to believe. It's so hard to see them grow and change from the tiny little things they once were, but at the same time, it's the most wonderful thing to witness.  I've gone from being someone stared and smiled and cooed at to Jack calling me 'Datty.'  Aeryn's still working on the whole speaking thing, but she's got 'Da-da' down, at least until I point a camera at her.