Friday, February 24, 2006

Good Ole' Boys


Whether due to my lingering childhood fascination or out of sheer boredom, I watched the Dukes of Hazzard movie today, thanks to the wonder of Adelphia's 'On-Demand' service. First, I'd like to congratulate Adelphia as the movie only froze once for ten seconds, and the picture only 'checkerboarded out' a few times. This was an unforeseen treat as several of my earlier cinematic escapades haven't met with the same level of success. Good job, guys.


I had pretty low hopes given the reviews I'd heard, but for some reason, I really thought it was pretty good. Going into it, I had some serious misgivings about the cast, but I learned to cope pretty quickly. Besides, any man who can say they don't enjoy seeing Jessica Simpson in skimpy clothes is either gay or lying.


The car chases and stunt driving were pretty damn good if I do say so myself. I don't want this to sound like some lame IMDB review, so I'll just end it by saying Jessica Simpson, the General Lee, and Willie Nelson telling raunchy jokes makes for a good time.


You know, I now think I have a pretty good idea where my driving technique came from. I wonder how pissed Kelly would be if I painted a Korean flag on the roof of the Kia along with the words 'General Li.' That would f*cking own.