Friday, February 10, 2006

One Year Older


A lot's gone on since I've last posted; and really I haven't had the clarity to distill my thoughts down to the level where I've thought they were worthy to post. Aeryn turned one yesterday, and we had a nice quiet little party over at my parents' house. Mom got her a really nice and quite tasty birthday cake, as well as a toy telephone, her very own kid-dishes, and some adorable clothes. We're planning on having her 'official' party this Saturday, but she's been sick this week, and looks like she might have an infection in her left eye. It's been bloodshot all day and she just has been the clingiest, most loving child. If that clears up, and the weather holds out (they're calling for snow) her party will go on as planned.

We had a scare with Jack this week; we found a lump in his neck which we were all terrified about; which turned out to be nothing more than a slightly swollen lymph node. Talk about dodging a bullet. I don't think I've ever been more scared in my life than the 12 or so hours between when we found it and when we could get him in to the doctor. All is well though, so life goes on...

We are slated to move to our new place on the 17th of next month, which is a massive relief to us; we can finally be a real family again. I'll detail all the trials and tribulations we've gone through at a later time; when I have more energy and more clarity of mind.

I've also made some pretty radical changes to my future plans as far as education and a career. I've discussed it with Kelly and she's all for it. I just need to plot out a course so to speak and get it done. Luckily, it looks like I'll be able to do all the coursework, or at least a vast majority of it, online.

I'm really struggling with the direction I'm going to take this blog. To my own amazement, I've actually maintained it, sparingly, for almost an entire year. I didn't think I'd ever be able to do that. I have so much to say that condensing it down to little daily bites is almost too difficult. Like trying to force a basketball through a mousehole. I've dabbled with a wordpress blog, which I like the setup of a lot more...there's more flexibility to arrange my posts the way I want them, and to categorize them which might end up saving me some time and effort when and if I decide to sit down and reminisce. I'll keep this up a bit longer and see if I decide to make that leap. Maybe when we move I will start anew. Who knows? It might be cathartic to let this blog, as this past year, slip into history.

Well, that's about all I really have to say at the moment; I'm already rambling and God knows where I'd end up if I don't shut up now.