Saturday, March 11, 2006

Christadamus Speaks


Microsoft recently announced that Windows Vista (Codenamed: OMFG this looks just like OSX, but nobody will ever notice) will not support EFI, effectively precluding it from booting on Intel-based Macs. Being a Mac user myself, I can't really see why anyone would really want to do that anyway. That's like buying a Lexus and then installing a Yugo engine in it.


Alas, some people are pretty keen on the idea, and will stop at nothing to see it happen. Some people also have entirely too much free time on their hands, but then maybe so do I as I'm evidently concerned about it enough to post this.


More to the point, I have a prediction about where this whole Mac-Windows fiasco is headed. I could most definitely be wrong, but this is what I see happening. Microsoft announces Vista won't support EFI and won't boot on Intel-based Macs. (Done.) Hackers will continue to try and may achieve limited success. That's what hackers do, God love 'em. Come this holiday season, we're due to see the launch of Windows Vista and OSX Leopard relatively close together; Something deep down in the pit of my stomach tells me that we're going to find out that Leopard is going to be able to run Windows applications. Whether they achieve this through their 'red-box' implementation, or some modified version of Rosetta, I don't know. I'm not a programmer.


I just think Steve Jobs has a very, very nasty Christmas present in store for Bill Gates this year. Just a thought.


Technorati Tags: , , , , ,