Monday, October 23, 2006

Productivity, I Hardly Knew Ye

The 'Sudoku' craze has managed to avoid me, or I it, so far. That is until today. Since I'm about as good at math as a drunken ape, I've traditionally stayed away from anything that prominently featured numbers as a selling point.

I stumbled upon a downloadable Sudoku game for Windows, and having a little time to kill while the kids played, I figured what the heck. I'd see what the craze was about. Somehow, an hour passed before I looked up from the screen. I was down to two numbers and was stuck; I called in my wife for backup. A few minutes later, we had it.

I got up to take a break and she started a new round, solving it by herself in half the time it took me. (I'm still pissed about that, but oh well.) Now the obsession is complete. We're both addicted.
The game is pretty easy to get the hang of, but deceptively simple. If you've never checked out the game, rest assured, there's no math involved. Check it out, and say good bye to any other casual game you might like. This will consume you.

The game is called Pure Sudoku. Get it HERE, it's WELL worth the download.