Thursday, March 17, 2005

And now for something completely different...

I never thought I'd be able to say this, especially not so soon, but my days of being a windows user are over. Well, almost. I sold my compaq laptop today, and will be putting the proceeds toward a new Apple eMac, which I hope to order in the next few days. I am officially making 'the switch.'

Why? There are more reasons than I have time to list, but among them are my almost epic distaste for Microsoft. I am so tired of security updates every ten minutes, browser hijackers, spyware, viruses, patches, and most of all, sloppily coded operating systems. I want my pc to work for me, not the other way around. When you reach the point where you are spending most of your time on the computer updating the OS, running virus scans, checking for spyware, or troubleshooting some stupid glitch that should NOT happen, it's time to make a change. I don't game anymore, so that's not a concern...so why not make the leap to the Apple side? Let's see...I get a more stable OS with more features and eye candy, a terrifically supportive community, an abundance of software, a gorgeous computer with a tack sharp display, and the freedom of not using a single Microsoft product. Sounds good to me.

I'm sad to be giving up my laptop, which as a piece of hardware, I loved. But the draw of Apple is too strong. I'm switching, Bill Gates, and you can kiss my Apple.