Thursday, March 24, 2005

Hey Brother, Can Ya Spare a Dime?

Poor Kelly, I really feel for her. She is having quite a bit of dental pain right now, having two, not one, but two abscesses. I know how bad that must hurt; I had one about two months ago, and it drove me nuts. Well, some would argue I was already there to start with, but I digress. I wish there were more I could do to relieve her pain, but the best and only thing I can do is be supportive.

In the meantime I've been taking over her night-time 'baby-patrol' and listening for Aeryn. That girl can EAT. She ate for almost three hours straight tonight. I guess that's not a bad thing since she stocks up during her last meal and then sleeps through the night - usually. This morning she was up for an hour at 5:43, and I was less prepared than I thought I would be. Of course, here I sit writing this at almost midnight, so I suppose I have only myself to blame.

In any event, I feel really bad because I got a little aggravated tonight with Aeryn; I just wanted her to finish eating and o to sleep so I could go relax. I feel horrible for thinking that. The sweet little girl just wanted to fill her tummy. I think I've just let the stresses I'm dealing with - or at least think I am - get to me way too much. That, and I vastly underestimated the amount of effort Kelly puts in each day being a full-time mom.

Of course, God's Karmic machinations have once again proven too abstract to decipher. Somehow, every conceivable issue that could arise to drain my wallet has done so this week. I went from having half the money required for my new Mac to having almost none. My wife's unforeseen dental bills and doctor's visits have come as a real shock, and it looks like I'm just going to be computerless a while. I kind of figured something like this would happen. I'll just have to do what I always do, suck it up and smile while I bide my time and save.

After that, the next goal is to move, but that's another post that I don't feel like writing at the moment. Maybe tomorrow. It is Friday after all, and Fridays by default and by definition can not suck. Unless of course said Friday happens to be the 13th.

I've rambled enough. 'Night.