Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Something Wicked This Way Comes

After much anticipation, my confirmation email came in this morning from Apple. :) w00t of all w00ts. I decided against the eMac, and opted instead for a 12" iBook, which is even now working its way across country to me in the back of a FedEx truck. Right now, it's somewhere in the neighborhood of Sacramento, and should be here hopefully by this weekend. My name is Chris, and I am a recovering Windows user. :)

I stopped at Sheetz for lunch today and got an Italian sub, which was quite tasty; that alone isn't post-worthy, but the fact that I decided on iced-tea is. I usually hate store-bought tea, but this stuff is actually quite good. It's Arizona brand 'southern-style real brewed sweet tea' and it's quite refreshing. I might just have a new beverage du jour.

Obviously, nothing of monumental importance has happened thus far today, or else I most likely wouldn't be mentioning my lunchtime discoveries.

On a personal note, I miss my wife and kids. I'll be home in about two hours, but that's not soon enough. They are the only things in my life that really keep me sane and focused. I can't wait to hold Aeryn and wrestle around with Jack. Hmm, the weather is looking a little better today than it has been. It's not raining anymore and I see some sunlight. Maybe we can go for our walk around the park tonight. That's our family time these days. Aeryn sleeps, Jack just absorbs all the sights and sounds, and Kelly and I get to talk freely, something we can't do at home.

Hopefully this weather will hold out. It's 57.2 degrees right now, and that's a good start.