Monday, March 21, 2005

Hurry Up and Wait and Other Cliched Confessions

I sold my laptop last week, and have to wait until Friday to get the second half of the payment for it. I didn't agree to that, but I guess I have to suck it up since I'll be able to get my Mac. In the meantime, I have no computer. Yay. Yay of all yays. Joy.

I just realized I'm going to miss the ease of using Picasa and Hello to update this page. I'm sure I'll find some Mac equivalent which will most certainly look better, work better, and just generally make me happy.

So here I sit, waiting to Jack and Aeryn to the doctor. Somehow the prospect of a dual doctor visit isn't really something I'm treasuring, but it has to be done. Jack's visit shouldn't be anything extraordinary, but Aeryn's visit might be a little stressful since she is due for some booster shots. My little girl is 5 weeks old now, and this is the first time we've been able to actually get her to her regular doctor to get a checkup, thanks to innumerable screw-ups on the part of the insurance company. She had an initial visit with some half-assed doctor the insurance company decided on choosing for her, which went something like the way I would cursorily inspect a used car prior to purchase. A few pokes and prods and some 'uh-huh's' and that was all.

Needless to say, I wasn't too terribly impressed by her, her office, her manner, or her other clientel. If I were to imagine the crappiest most ghetto doctor possible and then somehow bring her to life, it would be her. Those phony TV doctors that hawk male-enhancement pills probably have more medical qualifications. At least we never have to see her again. I'm afraid she'd be the one needing medical attention after a second visit.

On a completely unrelated topic, I've got a theory. It goes a little something like this. I think that my in-laws were genetically designed to piss me off. I'm not going to get into it right now because I don't have the time. I think I'm right though.

To top off my weekend, my cat Comet has apparently decided that life would be better elsewhere; I keep telling myself he went off to find his brother Vader. Wherever he went, his absence will be felt. I miss you buddy, but I understand.