Sunday, July 2, 2006

One Big Happy Family

I could have successfully and happily lived the rest of my life without thinking about this. Damn my obsession with late night news-surfing.
Even without a documented connection to a notable forebear, experts say the odds are virtually 100 percent that every person on Earth is descended from one royal personage or another.

Millions of people have provable descents from medieval monarchs," said Mark Humphrys, a genealogy enthusiast and professor of computer science at Dublin City University in Ireland. "The number of people with unprovable descents must be massive.

"The longer ago somebody lived, the more descendants a person is likely to have today. Humphrys estimates that Muhammad, the founder of Islam, appears on the family tree of every person in the Western world.
Yep. That pretty much ruined my day.

My Way News - Genealogists Discover Royal Roots for All

technorati tags:, , , , ,