Sunday, September 3, 2006

Belt Buckle Madness

I'm pretty much fed up with politics at the moment, as you may have noticed from my recent lack of updates. I took a little time off to decide what to write about in light of the burn out I'm going through, and I think that unless something seriously interesting happens in the news, I'm going back to basics and will post more often about what's really important. Me.

I must have gotten stuck in some kind of weird social timewarp until recently; I stepped out into public and have noticed that guys everywhere have begun to flaunt their belt buckles. I guess I'm still stuck in the mindset of not tucking in a shirt unless I'm going formal but I think I've missed the boat.

Every time I go anywhere I'm seeing more and more guys wearing their t-shirts tucked behind their belt buckle in the front and letting their shit dangle in the rear. Yes, I said shit, not shirt.

So aside from a few 'DC' belt buckles and a few redneck style, big as a dinner plate ones that simply beg to be shown off, what's the deal with this fad? Did I miss the announcement or something? I'm seriously entertaining the idea of going to the Pakistani owned kiosk at the local mall and picking up one of those 30 dollar LED programmable belt buckles and setting it to flash 'Belt Buckle' and then joining the trend just for shits and giggles.