Wednesday, September 13, 2006

USAF - Aim lower...a little left. There.

When I read this, I thought my brain was literally going to burst out of my head.
Nonlethal weapons such as high-power microwave devices should be used on American citizens in crowd-control situations before they are used on the battlefield, the Air Force secretary said Tuesday.

Domestic use would make it easier to avoid questions in the international community over any possible safety concerns, said Air Force Secretary Michael Wynne.

Safety concerns? Over a weapon? What the hell? Lethal or non-lethal, it's a WEAPON. It's supposed to do some form of harm. If you want something totally safe, how about just going up to rioters and criminals and asking them nicely to behave.

"If we're not willing to use it here against our fellow citizens, then we should not be willing to use it in a wartime situation," said Wynne.

Who the hell is this guy, a Saddam Hussein fan club member? We generally don't use artillery shells on our citizens, but we sure as hell have no problem lobing them at baddies on the battlefield. What kind of goose and gander rubric is he daydreaming about?

The worst part is yet to come. Get a load of this:

"(Because) if I hit somebody with a nonlethal weapon and they claim that it injured them in a way that was not intended, I think that I would be vilified in the world press."

Oh my GOD. Then just shoot the sons of bitches. Sometimes the old fashioned way really IS better.

Test nonlethal weapons on U.S. citizens, official says