Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Chronicles of Suburbia

Father's Day has come and nearly gone and this year I wonder if I have much of a relationship with my father left.  All we ever talk about anymore is money and how miserable and broke he is. On top of that, through some roundabout means it always ends up being my fault somehow.

I know I've had some money woes over the years and he's bailed me out of a fair number of them.  I also know that I've not borrowed the amount he seems to think I have.  I managed to work hard, pull myself up from my bootstraps, and while I'm not getting rich at the moment, we once again are a two car family, and are getting by.

Dad on the other hand, since retiring, seems to think that he gets poorer and poorer  with each passing moment, and can't afford to replace the colossal hunk of shit Daewoo Nubira he drives.  If I can afford two cars, he can certainly afford one.

That's another entire post though and I don't want to get bogged down in it anymore at the moment than I already have.

The kids woke me up this morning with an adorable card and lots of smiles and hugs.   We got out and about, starting with breakfast at Dunkin' Donuts.  What more does a guy need, really?

All in all I'd have to say that with the exception of dealing with MY dad, Father's Day went off without a hitch.

On a totally unrelated side note, I recently picked up a Net10 prepaid cellphone and so far, I'm really impressed.  Reloading it with minutes is a hell of a lot cheaper than the old T-Mobile phone I used, and the coverage so far is fantastic.  Nice clear calls, and a great signal everywhere I've used it. Not to mention the 300 FREE minutes I got just for activating it.

I've heard so many ungodly horror stories from people on actual cell contracts that I decided this way was the best way to go, and I have no complaints.

Technorati tags: , , ,