Monday, June 25, 2007

The Squared Circle Gets Smaller

Although I'm not really what you'd call a huge fan of pro-wrestling, I do enjoy it from time to time.  I might not be able to give you detailed histories of the wrestlers, but I'm familiar with a lot of their names and such, and know a little bit about the sport.

Even to someone with such a passing familiarity, I was shocked by the news that Chris Benoit was found dead today with his family.  Tentative reports are saying that it appears to be a double-murder/suicide.  Needless to say, anytime this type of thing happens to any family, famous or not, it's shocking. 

I'm sure in the days ahead the story will come to light, but until then, my thoughts are with the family members who have lost so much today, and with the wrestling fans who lost a hero cold blooded killer.