Thursday, January 5, 2006

Mission Accomplished


Today was brutal. We got approved for the car; but I spent the better part of the day scurrying around the house looking for things to pawn to come up with the last 191 dollars I'd need for the down payment. I packed the XBox and games and a Yamaha acoustic guitar into the trunk of the Sable and prepared to bid them farewell; hoping that'd bring me close to the sacred amount. Luckily, my Dad, who'd arranged to watch the kids for me while I pawned things told me to keep my stuff and just cut me a check for the remainder. I can't thank him enough.

We set a time to drive to the dealership and finalize everything. Having sold cars before, I was sure we were going to get royally screwed on the deal, but I didn't have the mental energy to fight it. Interestingly, we met with the finance manager for all of ten minutes, and were greeted with a payment some 50 dollars cheaper than we expected. We walked outside to find our newly detailed car gleaming in the mercury-vapor light. I started it up and installed the kids' seats in it, all the while marvelling at the sensation of hot air engulfing me. Turns out cars really do have a contraption in the dashboard called a heater that makes the air inside comfortably warm. Talk about innovation.

We actually were quite well taken care of, and ended up spending less than we expected. Not a bad deal, and we are thrilled beyond compare with our car. Tonight, we thank God for providing this wonderful car for us and I personally thank you who visited my site and prayed for us. We're eternally grateful.