Sunday, June 18, 2006

Yes, The Dixie Chicks Suck

I'm tired. Literally. And I'm tired of self-righteous 'entertainers' who use their popularity to flip the bird at their country. I'm so tired of it that I'm not going to waste the time preparing a proper argument. Yes, I'm talking about the Dixie Chicks. I'm going to be blunt so here goes.

"A lot of artists cashed in on being against what we said or what we stood for because that was promoting their career, which was a horrible thing to do," says Robison.

Self righteous bitch. The world does not revolve around you or your shitty band. Sit down.

"A lot of pandering started going on, and you'd see soldiers and the American flag in every video. It became a sickening display of ultra-patriotism."

You know what sickens me? Terrorists attacking my country and loudmouthed singers telling me I'm wrong for supporting my country and its soldiers.

"The entire country may disagree with me, but I don't understand the necessity for patriotism," Maines resumes, through gritted teeth. "Why do you have to be a patriot? About what? This land is our land? Why? You can like where you live and like your life, but as for loving the whole country… I don't see why people care about patriotism."

As the saying goes 'If you have to ask, you'll never know.'

There can be no rational explanation of how Maines's remark came to drive a red-hot poker into America's divided soul, but it's only now that some of the poison has begun to dissipate.

This can NOT be a serious remark. No rational explanation? Here's your rational explanation. She's a braindead peacenik with a big mouth and a lot of free media attention. Evidently she doesn't grasp the fact that a majority of people in the United States actually DO give more than a crap about their country and feel proud of the fact that they live here. So much for cheering on the home team. Honestly, not to degenerate into a tired cliche, but if they don't like it that much, they should do us and themselves a favor and just leave. God knows my car stereo will thank them.

Oh, and while I'm on the cliche train, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

(Source: Telegraph.co.uk)


technorati tags:, , , , , , , ,