Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Racist? Sexist? Want a Job on the Supreme Court?

I would love to one day sit down at the computer, catch up on the news, and have something positive to say about Obama and the people in his administration.  As time goes on, I’m becoming more and more convinced that’s about as likely as coming home and finding out my living room has mysteriously filled itself with gold bars.

People in this administration have consistently made the most ignorant gaffes, blatant screw-ups, position reversals, etc. I’ve ever seen. It’s like we turned the White House over to a classroom of middle-schoolers with bad attitudes.

I don’t know what criteria Obama is using to select his nominees, but I’m starting to be able to compile a basic profile.  Apparently, you skip to the head of the line if you are a former lobbyist, well connected, a tax-evader, completely inexperienced, or in the case of Obama’s first Supreme Court pick, a racist, sexist liberal judicial activist.

What?

In 2001, Sonia Sotomayor, an appeals court judge, gave a speech declaring that the ethnicity and sex of a judge “may and will make a difference in our judging.”

I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn’t lived that life,” said Judge Sotomayor.

I’m not crying racism because it hurts my feelings. I’m calling racism because it’s bullshit practices like bringing these types of characters into the administration that make this country look more and more like an imploding third world country. We are led by inexperienced morons with no common sense and a propensity to run off at the mouth with nothing to back up their drooling jabber. It's a disgrace how these people have managed to shame and disgrace this country in the short time they've been in office.

I thought we were supposed to be above matters of race? Aren’t we, Democrats?

Source: New York Times