Wednesday, May 20, 2009

That’s Just Not Fair

I’m really terribly offended by this story:

Not by the fact he was unfairly treated, you see. That’s just life.  I’m offended by the fact that the headline could have used a much more inflammatory double-entendre for shock value.  A few samples:

AF Gives Decorated Pilot the Shaft

AF F*cks Decorated Pilot

AF Tosses Decorated Pilot

AF Blows Off Decorated Pilot

AF Sucks: Decorated Pilot

Decorated Gay Pilot Forced to Pull Out

Decorated Gay Pilot Forcibly Removed from Cockpit

I have to take a sec and say I kind of feel like an asshole for making these jokes; I might even be contradicting the Don’t Be a Dick rule I just visited upon the world.  This guy’s been in the Air Force for 18 years, and for that I salute him. I’m sure he’s a great guy.

For this comment however:

"I wanted a quick, quiet, fair, honorable discharge."

I LOLed.