Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Well, that was almost fun.

I dropped the kids off at school this morning with plenty of time left to get out and enjoy this beautiful sunny day.  For the second day in a row the sky is brilliant blue and cloudless, the grass green with spring.  It’s warm with a slight cool breeze; all in all a perfect day to get out with the camera.

I drove downtown, parked, got out and managed to take about 30 pictures when the most intense, burning, stabbing, throbbing pain I’ve ever had in my life shot down my back and into my leg.

My sciatic nerve has chosen this moment in time to launch a brutal blitzkrieg against my ability to enjoy some free time.  It literally feels like I’ve been stabbed in the small of my back and the knife has been pulled the whole way down my back and left leg almost to the knee.

I’d just returned to the car to drop off the camera bag and made it about half a block when it hit.  It literally stopped me in my tracks. I turned and slugged back to the car almost gasping for breath; as each step I took twisted the knife in my back.

Ugh.

Shut up about the word Ugh being used as a line too.  It’s how I feel, it’s relevant, and it’s my blog so piss off. (Yeah, it still hurts.)

I’m going to try to get back out in a little bit after some tylenol and a brief stint on the couch.

I need the escape these little photo trips provide.