Saturday, November 12, 2005

Baked Apples, Cold Peaches, and Headbanging

The past two days I've been wringing my hands over what in the name of all things holy was causing my iBook to run at an obscenely high temperature even at idle. Just turning it on it spiked to over 170 degrees, which was a little un-nerving to say the very least. Jack accidentally broke my power brick, so I have to replace that as it is. Staring another repair in the face was making me sweat. Sure enough, a little peek under the hood revealed my stupid HP printer drivers were sucking up 98% of my CPU cycles. I quit the process and breathed a little easier when the temperature dropped over 30 degrees right off the bat. HP, get your shit together, seriously. I dropped my Compaq to go Apple, and I will gladly find another printer manufacturer. Carly really f*cked you guys up in more ways than I thought possible.

We took the kids to the park to play tonight, but it was particularly cold. We ended up bundling them up in the strollers and doing a quick lap of the park, and for some reason, I was the only one complaining. I'm the one who usually drives with the AC on even in winter. I'm always the one who is too hot, and I was shivering like a chihuahua on crack.

Speaking of hot, I've been expanding my digital music collection now that I've finally managed to wrestle my laptop away from Kelly. I finally fixed her PC and now she's spoiled by the bliss that is Mac. Ugh. That's an entirely seperate post. I just got the new CD by Demon Hunter, called The Triptych. These guys are awesome, it's Metal at the core, with plenty of melodic moments and actual singing woven in. You've got to hear it to understand. It's catchy as anything, and definitely a must listen. I 'm listening to it as I write this, and I've already hit repeat more than once on more than one track. It's that good.