Friday, November 11, 2005

Revenge of the Mexicans

Here I go with the second post referencing something Mexican in under a week. This time the scourge of my existance is the delicacy known as the Taco. Historically, tacos and I have enjoyed a very comfortable relationship. I eat them, they make me happy, etcetera. Not this time. Oh no. This time, the tacos got mouthy with me. I ate them. Two of them. They left me alone for a few hours, evidently taking the time to plot the scope of the sneak attack they planned on my innards.

At 2 AM the other morning, I awoke with a sudden sense of unease. No nausea, just the knowledge that something was amiss. I drifted back to sleep and woke up again around 5. This time, though there was still no nausea, my spidey-sense told me something was up. Around 5 after 5, the first attack by the intestinal insurgents detonated suicide taco bombs at both the front and back doors to the Chris compound. The simultaneous nature of the attacks led Fox News to conclude it was Al-Qaeda. It was more like the Angry Dinner Liberation Front. Reeling from the onslaught of the attacks, I was rushed back to bed where I spent the entire remainder of the day sleeping off my nausea and fatigue in a pepto-bismol and phenergan induced coma. I think I'm going to cede this victory to the enemy. I'm pretty much done with Mexican food. I don't think I could ever enjoy it quite the same way. Not after this.

The flip side is, I ended up sleeping on the couch, remaining awake long enough to catch a few episodes of Star Trek The Next Generation on SpikeTV. Crap channel, good show. It's amazing that I'm still obsessed with it so many years after it's demise. Of course, I did start watching it when I was 10 years old so I effectively grew up with it.

Wow, way to almost lose my post Firefox. Good ol' Safari saves the day. Anyway, today was somewhat better; I still had the requisite 'blahs' but I think I'm pretty much better. I'm a horrible sick person so I'm sure Kelly's going to be thrilled.

I saw a funny commercial today for Burger King. Some guy is trying to light the grill and it won't start...then a stormtrooper from Star Wars walks up and pumps three laser rounds into the grill. The manager scolds him with 'What did I tell you about the blaster?" So he pumps another round in and struts off. Good stuff.