Wednesday, April 5, 2006

The Christal Ball Was Right

Not too long ago, I predicted that Apple would somehow enable windows apps to run natively on OSX 10.5 Leopard. It looks like I was at least partially correct, as Apple just released a beta version of their 'Boot Camp' software which enables Intel-based macs to boot Windows XP.

I personally have no desire to do such a thing as I spent plenty of years using Windows and itching to get away from it. I often found myself needing a shower after using it. Now that I've been away for over a year, I really don't think I'd ever particularly care to use it again if I can at all avoid it. Hackers and advocates of 'choice on the desktop' everywhere are relishing the news, no doubt. More power to them, but I'll stick with OSX.

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , ,