Monday, April 10, 2006

Here They Grow

Now that I've gotten my big rant off my chest, I need to record some big family milestones. On Sunday, Jack got his first big-boy bed. It's one of those little tykes ones that looks like a blue Ferrari. His eyes lit up like spotlights when he saw it and he immediately jumped on it and pulled a blanket over himself, telling me he was going 'Nye-night.' My little man is getting so big; he deserves a bed that cool.

Aeryn still has two teeth. Sort of. I don't think she's ever actually going to get any more. She's 14 months old and has one bottom front tooth and half the corresponding top tooth. She's so ridiculously cute. Her big event: I picked her up after her nap and as usual, she danced and raised her arms and called me 'Da-da'. I replied with'Hi Aeryn...can you say Aeryn?' and she stunned me with 'Ahwah.' Not once, but three times.

These are moments you just don't get everyday. It's hard to see them grow and change, but yet it's so fulfilling. Every day I get to learn a little more about them, and although I am bristling with excitement about the day they're old enough to really talk with them, I can wait. I love watching them get there, it's the greatest show on Earth.