Sunday, April 2, 2006

Somnambulent Sputterings

I might be off base here given the fact that I'm relatively sure I'm already asleep - but wouldn't it make sense to be able to swipe a credit card at a laundromat? My thigh's got a bruise the size of an apple from lugging laundry up and down three flights of stairs to our non-change-machine equipped in-building laundry room with twenty dollars worth of quarters in the pocket of my cargo shorts. 

Yes, I said twenty dollars.  We had a lot of laundry to catch up on.  Moving always seems to mess with that first.  On top of the sheer aggravation of having to waste a large chunk of a perfectly nice day washing clothes, I had to suffer the additional pain in the ass of having to find a place to actually GET that many quarters at one o'clock on a Saturday afternoon.

With something on the order of 14 trips up and down the stairs, I finally wrapped up just after midnight. Now completely quarterless, bruised, and thoroughly drained of energy I'm infinitely more aware that some cardio training would be a good thing.